Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Groundhog Day and Texture Tuesday

Happy New Year Blogging Friends.  

Like the groundhog on groundhog day, I've come to life - if only for a day.  The image of the Peony is from the archives and is textured with Kim Klassen's WarmSun and YesterYear, as well as a couple of textures from another artist.


Today I'm joining up with Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday.  It's been a while since I've posted an image, but I look at blog posts even if not actively blogging. 

My new year is off to a wonderful start.  I am now a septuagenarian, which really doesn't hurt much and can provide a needed excuse now and then.  My health is excellent, and my quest for youth continues with my consistent workouts at the beautiful YMCA in my town.  My blood boils when I hear folks in the news media refer to people in their seventies as "elderly."

I spent Christmas here with my daughter and her two kids and New Year's with my Marietta daughter and her family.  My camera was left at home; it was enjoyable to just be and not feel the stress behind the camera.  You know - not enough light; don't want to use a flash (after all I'm a natural light photographer ☺); comb your hair; etc., etc., etc.  Unfortunately, my son spent the holidays alone, as his work schedule didn't allow off time.  Being with him, too, would have put the candle on the cake!

Yes, I know...Groundhog Day is in February...but I feel like the groundhog who emerged looking for his shadow.   Maybe I'll come out of hybernation completely in the spring...til then!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous! Glad you came back!!

Gail Dixon said...

I'm so happy to see a post from you!! Happy belated birthday on your new milestone. I never would've guessed septuagenarian. Congratulations!! Glad to hear you're working out at the Y and have good health.

Your texture image is beautiffic!! The pink pops off that gold background. I miss your texture creations and hope you will post more often.

Dotti said...

I'm so glad to 'meet' you here! You are an inspiration! I hope you won't be like the groundhog and burrow back in. You have much to share with us.

Nancy Claeys said...

Good to see you pop out of your hiding place -- hope the New Year is being good to you so far. xo

Lisa Gordon said...

It was so nice to see you pop up in my reader, Betty.

I wish you all the most wonderful things in 2014!

Tina said...

It's good to hear from you Betty! I had to look up the word septuagenarian :) I had no idea what that meant. But now I do, they say you learn something new everyday. So you're in the seventies club and it sounds like you're living life to the fullest...remember it's only a number...it's what's in the heart that counts and how you live it out. You are blessed and a blessing to others :)

Rosemary Aubut said...

Great post Betty! Love the textures! Keep up those healthy habits!!!

Rosie Grey said...

I'm only just seeing this, so Happy Birthday, Betty! This is such a beautiful photo and I love your texture processing!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Holidays are for family and children, hearing laughter is music to the soul. We spent a quiet one watching old holiday movies. And like you, I put away my camera to just be.

I cant keep up with the groundhog and if he sees his shadow we do or doing have 6 more weeks of winter??? I hope we do not have more of this cold, here in the south its not normal to be in the teens every night and to have over a 200.00 gas bill each month...

Stay warm!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...