Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Cards and Texture Tuesday

Today I'm playing along with Kim Klassen's Free-and-Easy Texture Tuesday.  I'm so happy for Kim.  She and John will be heading home Friday after months of medical treatment for his cancer.

Before Christmas I ordered a new set of photographic greeting cards from White House Custom Color.  Here is one of my new designs.   I used actions from Sarah Gardner and textures from Kim.




I began ordering press-printed note cards from White House Custom Color (WHCC) after my printer died when I couldn't decide which printer to buy.   At that time I was taking a photoshop class from Damien Symonds, which required me to calibrate for a monitor instead of a printer.   So I ordered a calibrator and that settled the printer problem.  (I now wish I'd purchased the dual calibrator model which would allow for both monitor and printer calibration.)

Ordering cards is really not that much more expensive, considering the cost of printer cartridges and paper.   However, the minimum order is 25.  It would be nice to print a card when I needed one.   There are other labs that print smaller amounts, but they use CYMK rather than RGB, which I've been told would make the images muddy.  



Check out the lovely work at Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday

Till next time... 


11 comments:

Beverly said...

Ahhhhh!!! My friend is back with the most gorgeous flowers e v e r!!! So nice to see your work again Betty - it is beautiful! Thank you for the info on WHCC and the calibration...I'll check both of them, especially after a re-do this morning on a card photo I tried to print.

Rosie Grey said...

This is so beautiful, Betty! And it makes a wonderful greeting card!

Patricia Stein said...

Such a nice postcard i love it!

Lisa Gordon said...

Surely no problem with the color here, Betty!
This is really, really beautiful.

Barbara said...

such a beautiful image for a card, I so agree calibration and having a good print company is great. I have used this one before but now am using Black River Imaging love them. I agree about the cost especially with the cost of ink.

Gail Dixon said...

You have such a great eye for composition. The hydrangea is one of my favorite flowers and here it looks like it's sitting on a big pearl. Whoever receives your notecards are blessed. :)

Rosemary Aubut said...

Beautiful creation Betty! It is so true about the ink cartridges for our printers! So expensive!
Glad you found the right company to deal with!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

This will may a lovely card, I love hydrangeas. I too need to calibrate my monitor, I do not do my own printing. What did you order to do your calibration and can you also add the one that you thought to purchase to calibrate both printer and monitor?
Hope you are staying warm.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Hi! I just had to stop by with a blog name/title that is so close to mine in sound at least. I'm Hootin' Anni. Your Hootnonny.

Nice to meet you...love your texture photo art!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful images! It's quite a commitment to order cards of a particular photo. This one must have meant alot to you. xo

Carmel said...

What a brilliant thing to do. I love your image on your greeting card, very soft.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...