Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Spring


Happy Spring, yall!  Hope it came and stayed at your home.  Here, spring is bouncing all over the place - warm for a few days, then cold again.

This week is spring break for the schools here as well as the schools in Marietta, GA, where my youngest daughter and her family live.  Saturday, she and the girls arrived for three days of fun.

My daughter here  took the week off to spend with her son, so they joined in the family fun.  Even Lo came home from college on Saturday to see her aunt and cousins.

After supper on Saturday, this Nonnie loaded up the granddarlings for a trip to Jack Frost Dairy Bar.  No trip to Marion this time of year would be complete without experiencing the sweet delights of this family business!

We ate lunch at Fatz on Sunday; afterwards I took a picture of the four grands.  Not sure what's going on with my camera, but I was very disappointed in the picture.  (I experienced the same disappointment when photographing them yesterday, though the butterfly pics turned out okay.  Could it be the photographer?)!

Cousins - 2014
Cousins - 2011
Sunday afternoon, I took Mo, Rea and GiGi to see the Muppet movie while their mothers drove Lo back to App State at  Boone.  Yesterday, Aunt Melanie took the Georgia nieces for horseback lessons and a trail ride; then they all went to the movies again.

I stayed home to clean, but instead spent a couple of hours playing with the newly born (?) Swallowtail butterfly Mo found.  He put it on the lawn and it crawled up on a branch that was on the concrete driveway.   I moved the branch to the deck table to more easily photography it.  Whenever the branch moved, the butterfly would spread its wings, then settle down.   After about 3-1/2 hours, the butterfly flew away; thankfully I didn't have to rustle it up any grub!

The house is now quiet, with only the echos of sweet voices and memories of a fun-filled few days!  Speaking of sweet memories, I forgot to tell you about the rocky start of our visit.  NO ONE could connect to my wireless router.  A visit without electronics would not be acceptable,  so my daughter set out to rectify the situation.  An hour or so later after doing this and that to the PC, connection still wasn't made.  Finally, the phones connected...then eventually the iPad.  Horrible weekend averted!  This child of mine used to visit to sleep; now she visits to sleep and connect with the outside world!  Is there a 12-step program for this?!

I leave you with one more picture - a sign of the times.

Oh, here's one more:

 
Hanging with Nonnie Boo






6 comments:

Roan said...

Never the photographer! lol The butterflies are very pretty, as are your grands. I think I see a strong family resemplance there. Looks like a fun visit.

Gail Dixon said...

Looks like you all had an amazing time together! Seems the internet snafu might have been a blessing in disguise, but we are all so addicted to our i-this and i-that these days. If there is a 12-step program for that, please lead me to it. lol Your family is beautiful. I really, REALLY love the last shot of you and the girls. So sweet. Hugs!

Lisa Gordon said...

What a wonderful time you had, Betty!
It was so nice to see you pop up in my reader.
You have a beautiful family.

Beverly said...

Awe I agree with Lisa and how nice to see you pop up in Bloglovin!! Your family is just beautiful Betty! I love the one with you in in. Your butterfly story is a one in a million!! So happy you had some time with your loved ones.

Barbara said...

This post made me wish I had a big happy family too. What a joy it must have been to be surrounded by your lovely family!

PS. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Rosemary Aubut said...

Oh Betty, I can so relate!! Every receptacle in my house is filled with some kind of electronic device! I have been asked for my wifi password several times now!
Your photos are awesome! Loving your butterflies! The selfie is adorable! So glad you were able to get all the family together! Nothing warms a grandma's heart more than that!
I get my peace and quiet on Tuesday! I will miss them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...